Brampton, Ontario (January, 2017) – Dynacare is committed to impacting lives through the support of local, national and international causes. Through our corporate giving program, which includes both our Lead Charity
and Community Outreach
programs, Dynacare has supported dozens of Canadian charities since 2012.
In 2016, Dynacare supported a number of Canadian charities through our Community Outreach Program including:
• Canadian Diabetes Association Manitoba/Nunavut
- Our support has helped children living with diabetes attend summer camp and spend time with other kids who share a personal understanding of the challenges that come from living with diabetes.
• Canadian Diabetes Association Saskatchewan
- Our donation went towards community programming that addresses the needs of high-risk communities by increasing diabetes awareness, encouraging prevention and providing support services to people living with diabetes.
• CARE Canada
– Our Dynacare donation went towards supporting the Healthy Moms, Healthy Babies program, designed to give moms, families and health workers the tools they need to stop malnutrition.
• Hope Air
- Dynacare presented Hope Air with a donation in support of the work they do in helping financially-disadvantaged Canadians reach the healthcare, medical expertise and specialized medical technologies they need by arranging flights at no cost.
• Maison des Familles
- Maison des Familles de Saint-Laurent serves underprivileged families in the Montreal area. Our Dynacare donation went towards their program Let’s Talk About Babies/ Jasons bébés
. This program arranges for parents and their children under one year in age to meet other parents, learn about topics related to their children, boost their parenting confidence and promote peer support.
• Scleroderma Canada
– Scleroderma Canada is committed to promoting public awareness, supporting those affected by Scleroderma and funding research to find a cure. The donation they received from Dynacare will support the work they do in finding a cure and supporting those affected by this terrible disease.
• The Wings of Phoenix Association
– The Wings of Phoenix Association is dedicated to providing team based brain injury rehabilitation for persons with an acquired brain injury. They are the only registered charity in the Ottawa area providing brain injury rehabilitation to individuals and their families who otherwise are unable to access treatment. Our Dynacare donation was directed towards helping individuals and families access the treatment they need.
• Youth Employment Services (YES)
- YES strives to empower youth to find and maintain a job, launch a business, return to school or enrol in training. Our Dynacare donation supported their BizStart
program – a six-month entrepreneurship training program that assists youth aged 15 to 30 in starting a business.
Dynacare was also pleased to provide corporate sponsorship for numerous sports teams over the past year. Sponsored teams were located in Central Ontario (Brampton), Eastern Ontario (Ottawa), Western Ontario (London),Quebec, Western Canada (BC/AB/SK), and Manitoba. Dynacare provided 12 sports sponsorships.
Through our Dynacare Scholarship Program, every year we provide scholarship grants to a number of our employees’ children to help them pursue their post-secondary education and most importantly, to encourage their life dreams. Dynacare believes in the power of higher education, and we aim to encourage its pursuit to others.
In September, Dynacare announced the selection of The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)
as our 2016-2017 Lead Charity. In addition to the $25,000 donation we award each year to our employee-chosen Lead Charity, Dynacare employees will support the CMHA throughout the year through various special events and mental health awareness initiatives.
External organizations are invited to share their projects and apply for support from the Dynacare Community Outreach Program
. More information about program criteria can be found on the Dynacare website
Supporting healthy lives with commitment and care. By living this mission, Dynacare will achieve its vision of becoming Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare (formerly Gamma-Dynacare Medical Laboratories) is one of Canada’s largest providers of health and wellness solutions, with a history that spans more than 50 years. Headquartered in Brampton, Ontario, the company has operations in Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia. Every year, Dynacare takes care of more than 10 million Canadians through the accurate and timely delivery of laboratory test results and other health-related services to patients, physicians, healthcare facilities and companies in a wide range of industries. www.dynacare.ca
For more information contact:
Manager, Corporate Communications
800.668.2714 x 5931 or 647.291.6475