mobile menu button
A+ -A Français Make a Payment
Search Arrow

#Dynacare4Diabetes Manitoba 2022

Dynacare and Diabetes Canada Launch Fifth Annual Diabetes Wellness Initiative

Canadian Diabetes Logo

Approximately 19 per cent of Manitobans are living with prediabetes or have yet to be diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. Meanwhile some 11 per cent have confirmed cases of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes. Together, that’s 30 per cent of our population or more than 400,000 people and these rates show no signs of levelling or decreasing, according to Diabetes Canada. This number is expected to increase over the next decade.

Many Manitobans do not realize that after age 40 they should get an A1C (blood sugar) test approximately every three years, especially if they are from one of the identified high-risk groups.

Dynacare and Diabetes Canada have teamed up for the fifth annual #Dynacare4Diabetes campaign. The campaign’s goal is to raise awareness of risk factors for Type 2 diabetes and to encourage Manitobans to get tested if they are at risk.

About The #Dynacare4Diabetes Wellness Initiative

The goal of this initiative is to screen Manitobans for Type 2 diabetes – particularly those most at risk – using the A1C (blood sugar) test from November 1 to December 6, 2022.

During the campaign period, Dynacare will offer free A1C tests at every Dynacare location in Manitoba and at special mobile clinics. For every A1C test completed, Dynacare will make a 50-cent donation to Diabetes Canada, up to a total of $25,000.

This initiative comes at no cost to Manitoba Health as it is fully funded by Dynacare, including the cost of all additional A1C tests ordered.

Mobile Clinics

Date & Time


Saturday, November 5, 2022
Time: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM

Maples Community Centre, 434 Adsum Dr., Winnipeg

Monday, November 14, 2022
Time: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM/ 3:00 PM - 6 PM

The Wellness Institute, 1075 Leila Ave, Winnipeg

Tuesday, November 22, 2022
Time: 4 PM - 7 PM

Brandon University, Healthy Living Centre, Classroom 002, 2010 Louise Ave, Brandon

Thursday, November 24, 2022
Time: 11 AM - 2 PM

Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre, 363 McGregor St, Winnipeg