Substance abuse is a leading cause of workplace accidents, decreased productivity and increased healthcare expenses. That’s why Dynacare offers substance abuse screening tests for a variety of organizations. We deliver:
- Fast turn-around-time for results (usually within 24 hours)
- Rigid confidentiality and security standards and procedures
- State-of-the-art testing technology
- the only forensic laboratory in Canada certified by SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)
- Certified and trained staff
- An extensive collection network across Canada
- Bilingual customer service/support
- Customized drug use panels
- Customized custody and control forms
- In-house quality control programs
- Competitive pricing structure
Oral Fluid Drug Testing
More and more companies are incorporating oral fluid testing as part of their drug testing programs because:
- the sample required is easy to collect;
- you don’t need any specialized collection equipment or facilities;
- it can detect drugs in a donor’s system immediately within 48 hours of use; and
- the test is witnessed by the collector which minimizes the likelihood of sample tampering or specimen substitution.
Here’s how it works.
Dynacare’s oral fluid drug testing procedure provides a simple method of collecting drug screen specimens almost anywhere. The donor simply places a long cotton swab in his/her mouth to retrieve a saliva sample. S/he then returns the swab to one of our highly trained drug testing specialists who places the swab into a transport tube for shipment to the laboratory.
Our testing menu covers all major drug categories including:
- Amphetamines - methamphetamine, methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA), methylenedioxyethylamphetamine (MDEA)
- Cocaine (benzoylecogonine)
- Opiates - codeine, morphine, 6-acetyl morphine (6-AM), oxycodone
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
- Marijuana - THC Parent, THCA
- Barbiturates (SECOBARB)
- Benzodiazepines (Oxazepam)
- Methadone (EDDP)
- Propoxyphene (PPX)
- Alcohol (ETOH)
Negative results are generally available within 24 hours after specimens are received at our laboratory. Confirmation of a presumptive positive test is usually available within 72 hours.