Dynacare Workplace is Canada’s leader in workplace drug testing. Every year we perform more than 300,000 drug tests on-site or through our extensive coast-to-coast network of collection facilities.
We’re committed to being your partner in delivering drug testing programs that fit your needs and achieve your goals. That’s why we offer a wide range of regulated (DOT) and non-regulated tests including urine, oral fluid, hair and point of care. We’ll even help you choose the right test panels and timing to optimize the success of your drug testing program.
Our services include:
- Canada’s only SAMHSA-certified laboratory that offers broad testing capacity.
- North America’s first SAMHSA-certified IITF laboratory.
- A network of more than 2,000 collection sites across Canada (+70 company owned and operated Patient Service Centers and +2,000 preferred third-party collection sites).
- Collectors trained and certified for chain of custody collections.
- Bilingual customer service and support.
- A full range of transportation solutions for both specimen transport and supply delivery.
- A single, standardized laboratory and billing platform across Canada.
- Multiple result reporting options.
- Scientific consultants to assist with questions about your drug testing program.
Expect Fast, Reliable Results
At Dynacare Workplace, we know that accurate and reliable turnaround times on drug tests help drive your timely business decisions. That’s why we put specimens through a two-tiered testing process. The initial screening (performed on only a small portion of the sample) is designed to quickly isolate negative specimens from those that need additional testing to confirm the outcome. Negative results are usually released within 24 hours. Non-negative results typically require an additional 48-72 hours.
Dynacare Workplace offers a wide range of reporting options for drug tests including web based services and secure fax reporting. We can also provide you with the following management reports:
- Department of Transportation (DOT) compliant and non-regulated statistical reports.
- Activity reports that include a list of drug testing specimens received in the previous 24 hours with a status and result.
- Performance scorecards.
Comparing Drug Testing Methodologies
The Benefits of Lab-based Urine Drug Testing
Urine testing is the most common drug screening method and is the only methodology approved for DOT mandated testing. It detects recent use (typically in the previous one to three days) and is suitable for all testing reasons – from pre-employment to random to post-accident.
Businesses rely on laboratory-based urine testing for its:
- capacity to screen for a wide range of illicit and prescription drugs; and
- ability to withstand most legal challenges.
Urine testing from Dynacare Workplace is forensically defensible and an ideal solution for a wide variety of drug testing programs. While a positive urine test does not necessarily mean that an individual was "under the influence" at the time of the test, it has become the standard for evidence of "current use".
The Benefits of Oral Fluid Testing
Oral fluid testing is best at detecting recent drug use. That’s because it takes time (Hours? Days?) for drugs to metabolize and pass through the donor’s system before they can be detected in a urine test. Those same drugs will be transported by the bloodstream into the donor’s hair where it will take 7-10 days for the hair to grow long enough before those drugs can be detected. But an oral fluid test will often detect drugs in a donor’s system immediately after use.
Oral fluid tests are simple to perform and help eliminate gender-based collection site issues or potential invasions of privacy. That’s why they’re ideal for a broad range of testing situations (pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, post-accident, etc.) where the employer is interested in assessing what’s in the donor’s system at the time of collection.
In addition, oral fluid testing is considered a tamper-resistant screening method because it’s difficult for a donor to cheat or adulterate their sample when the testing is being observed.
The Benefits of Hair Testing
Hair testing by Dynacare Workplace is an ideal solution for a number of drug testing programs. That’s because it’s the only drug testing method available that provides up to a 90-day drug use history. When compared to urinalysis, hair testing provides nearly twice the number of positives due to its longer detection window. Here’s how it works.
We collect a small sample of hair (100-120 strands) under direct supervision without any invasion of privacy. Donors are typically sent to one of our collection sites that are specially equipped and trained for hair testing. The hair is cut from the crown of the donor’s head and as close to the scalp as possible. Only the strands of hair above the scalp are tested, not the actual hair follicle.